Welcome to show number 2017.22!
- Kelly Sucker Punches™Jon
- Jon’s blood is partying with a family somewhere. Truth.
- Social media can be a echo chamber
- 12:00 – Kelly’s Corner
- 22:00 – Jon’s Debacle
- How to hide your website hosting server’s IP address from the bad, bad people
- I had no idea I was Kelly’s IT guy.
- Some ways to find real hosting IPs
- Assume your hosting IP will be found. Because it will.
- Some ways to prevent direct IP attacks
- Firewall off your open services. Shared hosts won’t do this, but if you have your own VPS or dedicated server, look at Ultimate Firewall (UWF)
- htaccess ‘deny’ directives if you can’t use a firewall
- Be careful what headers you use in htaccess directives. Some can be spoofed.
- Kelly would rather call Ghostbusters for spoofing issues rather than a real network guy.
- 37:00 – Cooperstown News
- Cherry Valley-Springfield Central School graduation. Congrats!
- Why do the parents look all murdery? Is that Church Lady?
- We burn listener feedback.