Welcome to show number 2017.8!
- Valentine’s Day was a brutal pile of snowy, snowy crapola
- Shubenacadie Sam is our Nova Scotia Groundhog!
- 04:12 – Kelly’s Corner
- The Kodi box!
- Kodi looks so familiar to Jon because it used to be XMBC
- Downloading is not illegal in Canada. Unless it’s impolite. Then we’ll stop because we don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.
- 16:04 – Jon talks about Qubes OS and Whonix. Full article here.
- 36:00 – Shout outs and Bork outs
- Kelly feels bad we don’t have shout outs
- Kelly borks out Facebook messenger
- Jon borks out the Proton Mail Android app’s read/unread indicators. Or, rather, the lack of read/unread indicators.
- 46:30 – What’s happening in Cooperstown?
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce is 100 years old this year!
The JaK Attack! 2017.8 – OGG
Welcome to show number 2017.7 (we got nothing)
- Our domain name sucks.
- Kelly’s Tomb Raider Penguin Girl is on her page now!
- Rogue One! Rogue One!
- We have advanced to the point where we no longer need humans to be humans
- Humans too close to being human drop us into the Uncanny Valley
- 13:45 – Jon talks about 2600 Hacker Quarterly
- Hacking is the new phreaking
- Cap’n Crunch whistle opens doors…
- Rescuing fake memory devices using h2testw.exe (not linking to anything because I don’t know what’s safe)
- 30:00 Kelly gives up her corner!
- Just to be clear, there’s no Kelly’s Corner. Sans corner. Corner-less
- 30:49 Shout outs and bork outs
- Slack is a good thing, but not a good chat thing
- Smarmy Microsoft letter
- Yay for threaded conversations! Thanks, from 1990!
- Boo for threaded conversations! The implementation sucks!
- Standard Shit Sandwich
- 34:00 Coopers Town Crier
- 44:00 We sing Happy Birthday to Linc!
- Other notes
The JaK Attack! 2017.7 – OGG
Welcome to show number swooshie! swooshie! (Semaphore!)
- Kelly rejects the cry of “I’m not interested!”
- Jon suggests “I don’t give a crap!”
- Kelly still owns KellyPenguinGirl.com
- 09:00 Kelly’s Corner “The man who sold his back to an art dealer”
- Pigs with tattoos
- AKA – is it legal to skin humans?
- Jon thinks of the Chuck Mangione
- 22:00 Jon talks about TOR
- All KDE apps start with K to not conflict with anything
- It’s BLUUUUU, Kelly!
- Jon’s going to build a TOR service
- It’s hard to torrent over TOR
- The Internet IS A SERIES OF TUBES!
- Full disclosure: Jon is probably not on a no-fly list
- 28:00 The TOR “nobody nodes my sorrow” song!
- 40:30 Shout outs and Bork Outs
- Kelly lurves her Spotify. Daily play lists are the bomb
- Jon doesn’t understand why he needs a cell phone number to have a cell phone plan
- Gas stations are for gas, phone stores are for phones.
- 48:40 Coopers Town Crier. Our twin town!
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The JaK Attack! 2017.6 – OGG
Welcome to show number Insignia Red! and Peach Blush!
- Kelly uses hexadecimal colours to open the show!
- Jon shares the ways in which technology has wasted his time today.
- Kelly is showing at the Argyle Gallery “Pre-Shrunk Show”.
- The Press Gang is a nice place for dinner in Halifax, NS.
- Kelly can’t remember what it’s called when you throw stuff over the side in the Navy
- Clues are: throwing something off a boat, military, starts with a D
- 9:00 – Jon talks about the Papertrail Logging as a Service app!
- Kelly thinks Splunk is funny
- LAMP, LEMP…whatevah
- Jon is not allowed to jailbreak anything any more
- Papertrail provides the missing link to alert me when Fidonet net mail from 1990 arrives!
- 22:00 – Kelly’s Corner!
- 32:00 – Shout Outs ad Bork Outs!
- Kelly does not wait until the next episode.
- Shout out – great service at the Press Gang restaurant!
- Shout out – Elegiant fitness thing. Jon likes the notification thing.
- 40:00 – Coopers Town Crier
- Coppers Town is kicking butt in the Swim Meets!
- Close up – we now have OGGS!!!!!!
The JaK Attack! 2017.5 – OGG
Welcome to show number
- Jon is already using Braille to open the show
- JaK bio and some older shows on the bottom right sidebar now
- Chelsea Manning’s sentence was commuted, but Assange is still not leaving Ecuador
- 06:30 Jon talks about Synergy software KVM
- Kelly confesses to watching anime!
- Buy the Pro (SSL) version of Synergy to protect your clipboard
- It Just Works ™
- 13:30 Kelly’s Corner
- The SmokeCloak (whaaaa?)
- Would you like some DNA in your smoke?
- Jon decides to cut out the middle-man and spit on bad guys
- Where does this DNA come from??
- 20:30 Listener Feedback
- 26:30 Shout Outs and Bork Outs
- 30:00 Cooperstown Crier
The JaK Attack! 2017.4 – OGG
Welcome to show number ..— —– .—- –… .-.-.- …–!
- biOrb!!! Is it a fish tank or something we live in on Mars?
- Kelly says “Bite My Betta!“
- Jon can’t drink Saki. Eeewwwwww….
- 6:00 CloudFlare transparency report and a National Security Letter
- 21:45 Kelly’s Corner
- Goldfish are cold water fish. That means they sleep instead of dying
- Jon suddenly realizes that “feeder fish” doesn’t mean human food
- What Kelly mentions appears!
- 33:00 Shoutouts and Borkouts
- Shout: Two Factor Auth: listing sites that use 2FA
- Bork: Banks that don’t appear on the list. Losahs.
- 36:00 Listener Feedback
- Linc says “It’s Coopers Town, guys!”
- Klatuu says “Welcome back!”
- 40:00 Cooperstown Crier
The JaK Attack! 2017.3 – OGG
Welcome to show number 0x323031372E32!
- Hexadecimal! Not just a number, also from Reboot! (not Transformers)
- The Internet weighs nothing because it’s wireless, Jen!
- 08:30: Kelly’s Corner – her thoughts, not yours.
- 15:10: Jon talks about Keepass password manager. You don’t gotta outrun the bear, you just gotta outrun your buddy.
- Local database storage. Do we store it online?
- If we store it online, where? GDrive? DropBox? SpiderOak?
- There are many browser plugins for Keepass, but do we trust our browsers with that access? Tavis Ormandy thinks not.
- Is it safe to copy passwords to your clipboard? The Linux and Android Keepass app have clipboard clearing settings.
- Android app has specific Keepass keyboard to enter username and password without using the keyboard.
- 32:45: Borkouts and Shoutouts
- Cooperstown has a caller ID spoofer on the loose!
The JaK Attack! 2017.2 – OGG
Aaaaannnnnnd we’re back with show number 00010100 00010001.00000001!! We talk about Psiphon, two-factor authentication and lobster fishing.
- Don’t mix decimal and binary number systems!
- Kelly tells us about lobster season and socks
- 04:20 Jon ponders Psiphon
- Other than the very important job of circumventing Internet censorship, the most critical quesion is “How do you pronounce Psiphon??“
- 08:30 2FA (Two- Factor Authentication) primer
- Kelly really wants to know what pwned means
- 14:45 Kelly’s corner: some of the neatest tech things from 2016
- 31:00 Shoutouts and Borkouts
The JaK Attack! 2017.1 – OGG