Welcome to show number 2018.44
- Jon’s tweet about religions conveying certain skillsets
- Kelly’s show at Gallery 1919 in September entitled “Hey, Hey Hali”
- 06:21 Kelly’s Corner
- 23:00 Jon talks about Expect scripting and IFTT
- Expect scripts
- IFTTT mobile app
- The only two apps I use: archive my tweets to a Google sheet and inject daily weather into my Day One Journal
- 40:00 Cooperstown News
- ExpressVPN is our show sponsor and we have a one year subscription to win. Listen to the show to find out the steps to enter the draw. We’ll announce the winner during the first show in May.
Welcome to show number 2018.38!
- Jon succeeds in being quiet for 32 seconds. VICTORY!
- Kelly has been prepping for her 9th annual Spring art show on May 6th The main benefactor this year is the Hants Foster – foster houses for the animals.
- Ms. Casey did not like Kelly’s noodle hat.
- Jon goes off on a tangent about why sugar is good for kids
- It’s hard to believe how much Jon knows about credit cards now. Too much PCI, too much PCI!!
- 10:00 – Jon talks about Epson ecotank printers!
- Somehow we end up talking about prescriptions, but back to printers
- Ecotank printers come with 2 years worth of ink
- Seems reasonable…rated at 150 pages per month, starting at about $240. If it works as described, it would be fairly inexpensive.
- The big issue is the vast span of time between now and two years from now. How can I be sure I will be able to buy ink in two years?
- Kelly does not want the inconvenience of purchasing single colours of ink.
- 26:00 – Kelly’s Corner
- 35:30 – Cooperstown News
- 38:00 – Shout Outs and Bork Outs
- Aldo Shoes gets a shot out from Kelly for amazingly fast delivery.
- Best Buy gets a bork out from Jon for amazingly slow delivery.
- Find us:
The JaK Attack! 2018.38 – OGG
Welcome to show number 2018.35!
- Jon is overwhelmed with thoughts about 3D printing, self-driving cars, ideas from Seth Stephens-Davidowitz book Everybody Lies
- Kelly has once again renovated the entire house entirely without Jon’s help
- She also participated in Argyle Fine Art Gallery’s Pre-Shrunk Show in downtown Halifax
- 03:35 – Kelly’s Corner
- Kelly uses cool hipster talk to tell us Eminem “dropped’ a new album
- Kelly talks about the robotic Somnox pillow
- She also finds a completely soft, gel-like, 1970s disco, robotic octopus pillow because we all need that, right?
- Kelly has changed her alignment to our robot overlords now that she sees the uprising coming
- 20:00 Jon talks mostly about 2D printing
- Kelly got Jon a Monoprice Mini 3D printer for Christmas
- Your basic entry-level 3D printing material is 1.75mm “PLA” filament
- Plastic extrusion manufacturing has been around a long time, but now we peons can afford it!
- 3D printing is really a hands-on hobbyist tool. It’s not something you can take out of the box, and start printing stuff
- Jon uses TinkerCAD.com to create things, Cura under WINE (Linux image does not work)to slice designs, and Octoprint to do the actual printing
- 33:00 – Cooperstown News
- Jon laughs a little too hard at the story of a man charged in Church arson.
- Kelly makes the fatal mistake of bringing up the show Black Mirror so Jon sets us straight on what’s wrong with season four
- Kelly’s Corner
- Find us on Facebook
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The JaK Attack! 2018.35 – OGG
Welcome to show number 2017.32!
Show Notes (sorry Kelly is soooo loud!!)
- Big Friday night show!
- Jon admits to not knowing if pigs actually speak Latin or not
- Kelly is loving her new studio
- She even has guest artists visiting!
- 07:00 – Jon’s talks us through the difference between iOS and Android malware and security
- 37:30 – Kelly’s corner
- Kelly explains the origins of Black Friday
- Some of the predominant theories about the origin are…ahem…bull crap
- The name is tied mostly to the number of people who call in sick on those days
- The first Santa Clause parade in 1905 by Eaton’s literally had Santa. That’s it. Just Santa
- Jon apparently has no clue what the 1920’s home life looked like
- 52:00 – Very brief Cooperstown news
- OK, a note about health care
- Find us on Facebook
- Email us at email@example.com
The JaK Attack! 2017.32 – OGG
Header image courtesy of https://wccftech.com/unknown-sources-main-source-of-android-trojan/
Welcome to show number 2017.10!
- We made it to show number 10!
- We fondly reminisce about Wicked Lasers.
- No goddamn sharks, Kelly!
- Kelly is a Stacha’s Maid of Honour which is clearly more important than being the Bride.
- Fishology is a real thing, folks. Also, fish vets. Who knew?
- Sean Connery thinks that is so shellfish of you.
- Mach’s aquarium is pretty nice and he is suddenly married to Sasha.
- Jon wisely notes that all of our brain bits grow differently.
- The Amazon outage of 2017 was sucky.
- Jon brings up the spectre of Amazon Turk!
- 12:40 Jon bores us to death with pontification about Internet convergence
- YouTube TV is coming. MOAR TV!!!!!
- Telus tried ad-hoc $2/channel TV like 15 years ago.
- Curiosity Stream is a new entry into the market place. All sciencey and stuff.
- Spotify is going to offer lossless hifi packages.
- Jon does not like the Hi Fidelity Freaks and cannot remember the name Tidal.
- Using personal internet connections for everything is has tactical problems. The last mile is still too fragile.
- 26:45 Kelly’s Corner
- Kelly remind us of the guy who’s gonna get skinned from episode 6.
- And now she’s talking about dead people again. Gunther von Hagens skins people, injects them full of plastic, and takes them on the road. There. I said it.
- Kelly’s permanent internet record is a mess!
- 35:00 Shout outs and Bork Out
- Jon Borks Out Kelly’s Corner
- Bob Taylor made us new bumpers and a promo!
- 38:00 Cooperstown News
The JaK Attack! 2017.10 – OGG
Welcome to show number Insignia Red! and Peach Blush!
- Kelly uses hexadecimal colours to open the show!
- Jon shares the ways in which technology has wasted his time today.
- Kelly is showing at the Argyle Gallery “Pre-Shrunk Show”.
- The Press Gang is a nice place for dinner in Halifax, NS.
- Kelly can’t remember what it’s called when you throw stuff over the side in the Navy
- Clues are: throwing something off a boat, military, starts with a D
- 9:00 – Jon talks about the Papertrail Logging as a Service app!
- Kelly thinks Splunk is funny
- LAMP, LEMP…whatevah
- Jon is not allowed to jailbreak anything any more
- Papertrail provides the missing link to alert me when Fidonet net mail from 1990 arrives!
- 22:00 – Kelly’s Corner!
- 32:00 – Shout Outs ad Bork Outs!
- Kelly does not wait until the next episode.
- Shout out – great service at the Press Gang restaurant!
- Shout out – Elegiant fitness thing. Jon likes the notification thing.
- 40:00 – Coopers Town Crier
- Coppers Town is kicking butt in the Swim Meets!
- Close up – we now have OGGS!!!!!!
The JaK Attack! 2017.5 – OGG